No-Bake 5 Ingredient Chocolate Almond Butter Cups (fat bombs). Loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, & healthy fats. A delicious and nutritious guilt-free treat to enjoy anytime!
If you’ve known me for any length of time then you know I love eating healthy. And you also know that I love chocolate as much, if not more, as I love eating healthy. Balance, right? Finding foods that are delicious AND good for you is the secret to being successful on a clean eating lifestyle. Today I’m sharing my recipe for homemade Chocolate Cups (aka fat bombs) that are free of dairy, soy, refined sugar, and can be nut free too! You won’t even believe they’re healthy. Even my husband begs me to make them so they must be good! Move over Reese’s.
These no-bake Chocolate Cups are delicious, satisfying, packed with antioxidants, & loaded with healthy fats to fill you up + give you energy. Some people call them fat bombs, I call them yum. The fact that they are full of good stuff makes them the perfect treat to enjoy guilt-free anytime! And best of all, everything gets combined in one bowl & you don’t even have to turn on the oven! WINNING.
To make these Chocolate Almond Butter Cups simply melt coconut oil, almond butter (or sunflower seed butter for a nut-free version), & honey in the microwave, stir to combine, add in cacao powder, pour into lined muffin tins, sprinkle with sea salt, freeze for 30 minutes & voila!
These bad boys pack a lot of flavor AND a lot of nutrition! Here’s the breakdown:
- Coconut Oil: This superfood is high in fats called medium-train triglycerides, which are metabolized differently than most other fats. These fats can boost fat-burning and provide your body and brain with quick energy. They also raise the good HGL cholesterol in your blood, which is linked to reduced heart disease risk. Coconut oil also can reduce your hunger, help you eat less, and can protect your skin, hair & teeth!
- Almond Butter: Eating almonds offers antioxidant action from Vitamin E and helps lower cholesterol. A small serving of almond butter contains a generous amount of magnesium, and potassium which are important for good blood pressure & heart health. Almond butter has more vitamins, minerals & fiber than its friend peanut butter.
- Raw Honey: This is a great source of antioxidants. Studies show that polyphenols in honey may play a role in preventing heart disease. Raw honey is full of phytonutrients which provide both antioxidant & anti-inflammatory benefits to help you maintain good health.
- Cacao Powder: This is different than cocoa, and much healthier! Cacao has 40 times the antioxidants or blueberries. Its the highest plant-based source of iron and is full of magnesium for a healthy heart & brain. It also has more calcium than cow’s milk! Bonus: cacao is also known to be a natural mood elevator & anti-depressant! Bring on the chocolate!
- Sea Salt: Unrefined sea salt has some real advantages over conventional refined salt.Redmond Real Salt is the only brand of sea salt i will buy because it contains a variety of trace minerals. Sodium is best when paired with potassium—which occurs naturally, along with about 60 other trace minerals, in Real Salt. So this salt is actually GOOD for you!
5 INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE ALMOND BUTTER CUPS
prep time: 5 minutes – freeze time: 30 minutes
3 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons almond butter*
1 tablespoon raw honey**
2-3 tablespoons cacao powder
sea salt for sprinkling
- Add first 3 ingredients to a microwave safe bowl & microwave for 1 minute. You can use a pan and do this over the stove but for a quick version the microwave works best.
2. Once melted, whisk together and then add cacao powder. You want to make sure the mixture looks very dark so add more cacao if necessary.
3. Line 6-8 muffin tins with baking cups & pour the chocolate mixture into each one until about 1/4-1/3 of the way full.
4. Sprinkle the top of each cup with sea salt & freeze for at least 30 minutes. Ta-da!
5. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 2-3 weeks (they probably won’t last that long!)
*use sunbather for a nut-free version
**use stevia in place of honey to make this sugar free
We hope you love this treat as much as we do. Life is too short to not eat chocolate, so treat yourself to these healthy chocolate cups ASAP. If you make them be sure to let us know by leaving a comment & tagging us @the_lifestyleloop in your photos or stories on Instagram! Happy Thursday!